hp9000 unix server problem

Z

zakir ekici

we had two hp9000/715/80 computer. they worked master slave. we used hp vue 3.0. we have a problem that about 5 or 6 months periodicly
program gave that no space on root 1 block extended and the program which worked on vue the name of it GET-TM not open. because of that all
database of the teleperm me module and xp in these computer. it is very big problem for us. how can I get place in harddisk to not damage
any database file. if any way to solve this please help thank you

C

Curt Wuollet

Talk to your system administrator. It sounds like you possibly ran out of inodes for new indirect blocks and there are a variety of fixes, all of which require that you know exactly what you are doing. Quite possible you have zillions of files in /tmp or someplace that aren't getting cleaned up because your HP server runs for years at a time. Might be as simple as thousands of orphaned print jobs. You need someone familiar with the layout and you'll be fine. A good SA can see that it won't happen again. If you're local to me, (which I really doubt), I can fix that for you @ $50.00/hr, est. 2 hours.

Regards

cww