HPGL plotter questions

K

Kumar Krishna

I am a student in Australia doing research on enabling plotter functionalities in printers. I have written HPGL command for my printer as it understands HPGL commands. I want to be able to take the paper back in the printer after printing
once. This is to avoid having to re-feed the paper and getting it misaligned.

I have used the following commands.
Pen Up
Pen Down
Pen Absolute
Pen Relative

I have also use pen movement commands. I want to know whether these Pen commands are the right ones to use for rolling the paper to the beginning or are there any other commands that I should use. I have a PCL manual and I was wondering whether there are 'HPGL only' manual which give commands for rolling the paper backwards.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely
Kumar Krishna

M

Michael K. Clark

Hewlett Packard published a book called the "PCL 5 Printer Language Technical Reference Manual' for their LaserJet printers. This manual has an excellent description of HPGL.

I did a quick look through the manual, but could find no odvious command to roll paper back in a roll plotter. The 'Advance Page' (PG) and 'Replot' (RP) commands don't appear to do what you want.

Unfortunately, most of my experience with HPGL was on flatbed plotters only, so I can't be truly helpful.

Good Luck

N

Nadia Dimitrova

Here is a box 4x4" and the plotter goes back to
origin after it is done with the plotting.

IN;PU;PA0,0;
PU;PA0,0;PR ;VS30;
SP1;
PU5064,1021;
PD0,4064;
PD-4048,0;
PD0,-4064;
PD4048,0;
PU-5064,-1021;
PU0,0;
SP0;

In order to go back to origin you have to keep