I need a cable

J

Jake Thompson

I need a 25dsub male with the trunk on a right angle by a 9pin female null modem cable. I have looked and I cannot find a company who will only sell me just one! I am connecting a PLC to a thermal printer and I very limited in the amount of room behind the printer(less than an inch).

G

Gerald Moore

I normally would make such a cable from parts from Newark or Allied Electronics, or have Black Box make the cable for me.

Gerry

R

Ralph G. McDonald

I have used BlackBox quite often for custom cables for PLC stuff over the last dozen years and had good service. They are not cheap, but they are quick, and make good cables. The address is www.blackbox.com

Ralph McDonald, P.E.
Spicer Group

D
>I normally would make such a cable from parts from Newark or Allied
>Electronics, or have Black Box make the cable for me.
>
>Gerry

DITTO. We keep a kit stocked with a variety of M&F DSUBs, crimp pins and the appropriate crimpers. I can easily make a cable in the time it would take me to get a price from a supplier, let alone order it. That is, provided I have the wiring. It's save money too, but mostly time. The only time I order such cables is when I need more than a few of them or I don't have the proper connectors in my kit.

Good quality crimpers are not cheap though. It seems I can't get them with the dies inside of $150 to 300. We even have a hand crimper for Amphenols and such that cost us over $600.

Dale

Honda Eq Staff