I need help!! InTouch - Modbus - Twido

G

Gduque

I have a PLC twido TWDLMDA20DTK, and I design a HMI with Wonderware InTouch 9.5, I'm using Modbus protocol for communication but I don't know what address do I have to use!!

Twido address ---> "In 0" is %I0.0
InTouch with modbus, address ---> ????

I have used %I0.0, 1, 40001, but communication has failed.

I have been reading about twido TWDLMDA20DTK and it has a serial port with, ASCII, modbus master/slave and the default configuration in modbus is slave, and I think that I need to change it to master, is that right?

Please help me!! is URGENT!!

Hi,
in the Twido the holding area is the %mw the Coil are is the %m.
You can not read direct the Ios.
Ld %i0.0
St %m0

Read in the modbus 0x0001.

Best regards.
Zsolt

HMI suppose to be the master and Twido PLC as slave. did you change in the PLC configuration port for modbus? the address number is not an issue for the PLC as long you configure it them same in HMI.

I do know about Wonderware... but I used it before and it works. For Telemecanique Twido the address are starting from 0. please check in Wonderware. (I face similar problem of communication with Modicon; then I found out that in Modicon they start the addressing from 1.)

Hope it will help!

I was reading your reply, but I am trying to connect a TWIDO PLC and I do not know how to get the values from the TWIDO PLC using INTOUCH. I can read just one coil. This is 00002 as modbus address, and in the PLC it is the %I0.1, I don't know why it happens. The only thing I realize is that I can communicate INTOUCH with the PLC. Well, Do you know exactly what I should write as item in intouch to read or write any coil using a twido PLC, using modbus addresses is not possible.

in PLC in INTOUCH
%I0.1 ??????
%Q0.1 ??????
%MW1 ??????

Please if you know something to troubleshoot the problem let me know.

Best Regards,