In need of slc500 PLCS for educational use

R

Rmoser

Looking for someone that would be interested in donating slc500,s Allen Bradley PLCS to our school. we can provided a donation form for tax write-off purposes. If anybody can help please email me. Thanks Randy

R

Ron Beaufort

Randy,

have you already talked to your local AB distributor about an “educational” discount? once you jump through some relatively painless paperwork hoops, the cost to buy a complete lab of NEW equipment might not be nearly as bad as you think...

also, check with local industries who use AB... sometime they have “scrap piles” of input and output modules... they often consider the modules as scrap when just one I/O point goes bad... you can easily work around this (or even turn the defect into an educational experience) in a lab environment...

some other advantages of talking with local industries: you can build a network of contacts to hire your graduating students... and the shop bosses will be able to tell you what specific skills their employees will require... if this PLC lab could be used by the school's “continuing education” department, then there's the potential that local industries might actually pay to have their current (or prospective) employees attend...

does your school already have an “advisory board” of local industries? if not, form one BEFORE you get too deep into the PLC training business... if you play your cards right, donations of equipment, money, expertise, etc. might make your job a LOT easier and give much better results in the long run...

and don't forget that the PLC lab will require not only hardware, but software too... again, check with your local AB distributor... if you're an accredited school with a genuine “let’s make this work” attitude, you probably won’t have to pay anything near full price for the software that you’ll need...

finally, if you want to talk about this project by phone for some “free - no strings attached” advice, you can give me a call at 843-746-7891 X 112... I've been there and done that... I'd be glad to give you a hand...

best regards,
Ron Beaufort