Incremental encoder, Step 7 and PID FB41

J

John Blaze

I'm sorry for my english... I need to make motion control in Step7 (FB 41 - PID regulator) with incremental encoder. Is possible to make program for evaluate 2 square signals (90° phase) for up/down counter?? I need it for my diploma work...

Thanks in advance.

<p>If I understand you correctly, it is easy to control an up/down counter from an encoder quadrature signal The encoder channels A and B change like a Gray code counter so one only has to see what state change is occuring The state counts are
<pre>
A B
0 0
0 1
1 1
1 0
</pre>
<p>So a, say, 00 to 01 is and up count and a 01 to 00 is a down count.

J
In advance, thank you for your answers. I am getting two signals from enecoder "IRC" which are 90 diffrential form each other. These signal carry information about change of move direction. I have a problem, how to write a code(in STEP7) which will recognise direction of movement( maybe a RS circule?)

Please if you have some scenarios or code that would help me with my problem, I would appreciate if you send it to me.

Another thing is I am not sure if I can us output from citace as a input to regulator block FB41.

The sequence from a serial incremetal encoder would be :-

Etc. The trick is to detect a rising edge on the one input and determine if
the other input is hi or lo at the time, if hi count one way if lo count the
other.

Regards
DP

Hie guys

I'm also interested of the solution of his problem. I have to do the same regulation with the FB 41. So i would be glad to receive help from anyone!

Thanks.