Indirect addressing using Vijeo HMI software

C

Colin Canham

I have a status register, of which bits 1 to 8 are used to represent the different motor states. There are twenty motors each with a status register. How does one go about substituting the registers address with the same structure of bits within the register? The example of Indirect addressing using the Integer is straight forward but there is no example of bits of an Integer being indirectly addressed...

N

Nathan Slider

For Modbus addressing you can read an individual Bit by creating a Variable Tag with the Modbus address 40001.1 --> 40001.16

Other protocols have similar syntax but check in the driver help for confirmation

cheers,
Nathan Slider

C

Colin Canham

I'm using the Premium PLC with IEC addressing format, such as %MW325.0 --> 16. This is not my problem. I am trying to find out how one does the indirect addressing with in the Vijeo software. The example in the help file only deals with Integers and I have tried to use the example to offset bits of the address %MW325 but it seems as though the bits are being offset and not the word.
Do you have Vijeo 4.7 software, if so maybe I can email the project file so you can get an idea as to what I'm on about.