Industrial flat panel monitors

D

Dean Reimer

Hi list,

Has anyone out there had experience with industrial flat panel monitors from Stealth Computer Company? We are considering a quote from them, but we are wondering what their quality and reliability is like.

I would appreciate any assistance you could offer, including recommendations for other vendors.

Regards,
Dean Reimer
Westroc Inc.

J

Jim Majsak - Home

Try StrongArm Mountings. Their web site is : www.strongarmdesigns.com

They make high quality panelmount and swing arm ergonomic displays in painted steel and stainless versions. Their delivery is about 2 weeks and
the pricing is competitive with others.

T
We have been using a 15 inch industrial LCD Monitor from IIcon (www.iicon.com) model number IP-1501 with excellent results.

Happy Hunting
Tim Pegler
Pegler Automation, Inc.

T

Townsley, Bill

I have also used a panel from IICON - it was actually a 21" NEC that was repackaged into a panel-mount housing. Pretty good *BUT* pay attention to two things: (1) Burn-in - Operators often leave a monitor with one HMI screen on (most of the time), this can cause the image to be burned into the screen. It eventually fades but it looks really bad when you change screens
and you still see an image from the previous screen, and (2) Native resolution - this is the screen resolution that the monitor was designed
for. In my case the monitor's native resolution was 1280 x 1024. However, the HMI screens were all in 1024 x 768. Yes, the monitor settings can be changed to 1024 but the graphics will be 'scaled' to suit. This results in the words being 'blotchy'. If we re-did the HMI in 1280 x 1024, the screen looked fantastic. This, however, was not practical due to the excessive
work needed to re-work the graphics (Wonderware).

Hope this helps.

Bill.

T

Townsley, Bill

I have also used a panel from IICON - it was actually a 21" NEC that was repackaged into a panel-mount housing. Pretty good *BUT* pay attention to two things: (1) Burn-in - Operators often leave a monitor with one HMI screen on (most of the time), this can cause the image to be burned into the screen. It eventually fades but it looks really bad when you change screens
and you still see an image from the previous screen, and (2) Native resolution - this is the screen resolution that the monitor was designed
for. In my case the monitor's native resolution was 1280 x 1024. However, the HMI screens were all in 1024 x 768. Yes, the monitor settings can be changed to 1024 but the graphics will be 'scaled' to suit. This results in the words being 'blotchy'. If we re-did the HMI in 1280
x 1024, the screen looked fantastic. This, however, was not practical due to the excessive
work needed to re-work the graphics (Wonderware).

Hope this helps.

Bill.