industrial modem to connect a Ge-Fanuc 90-30

F

Fabio Martinelli

I 'm looking for un industrial modem to connect a Ge-Fanuc 90-30 Plc. If you know a product compatible with my target can you tell me where can I buy it ( is it possible in Italy ) and if there is a Gsm modem so that I don't need of a telephon line.

Thanks in advance
Fabio Martinelli
Pulsar Engineering
Modena Italy
[email protected]

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello Fabio;
for regular industrial modems, try Sixnet:
"www.sixnetio.com":http://www.sixnetio.com
Their VT-Modems are very reliable and we have used them inn many projects.
They also have a partnership with a GSM manufacturer calle Scanp, with a product called FALCOM A2. Do a search on Google for more info.

K

Keith Gardener

Fabio,
I am with an equipment manufacturer in the US. I have a customer in Italy that wants to add a modem to his 90-30 so I can help trouble shoot from the US. Were you succesful finding a monem to use in Italy?

A

Ahmed AbdelAAL

I tried this and it went successfully :-
I used Us robotics external Modem ( One on the PLC 90-30 side and another with my PC ) then from versapro some setting will be done and there is some setting also for the PLC side Modem (like make it auto answer and make its cable in certain arrangement ) then used the normal telephone line to dial up my customer and serving him till now normally .
for more info feel free to e-mail me on "[email protected]", mailto:[email protected] or to call my mobile (+96653464908)