Industrial wireless communication

M

Mihir

I am looking forward to transmit temperature and humidity data in analog form to a computer located at a distance of about 1 Km (aerial) for display and reporting. The application is for a fertiliser plant. Can anybody guide as to how this can be achieved through wireless communication?

It's not obvious from your posting just where you need help. Dealing just with the lowest levels of the communication model, you can easily focus a parabolic antennae pair to make a point-to-point network extension, if you have line-of sight. I work with some folks that built a 802.11b (2.4 Ghz) setup like this across a distance of about eight miles. It's been working for about three years. It carries TCP/IP traffic over Ethernet. Getting your data packetized into IP is another entire discussion.

Downsides:
1) 802.11b spectrum is becoming over-subscribed in some places.
2) Even focused parabolics leak some RF energy out of the line-of-sign path, providing a potential entry point for intruders.

S
Look at wireless I/O products from Phoenix Contact, along with the signal converter products. The wireless transmits 4-20ma analog signals without any programming required. (range upto 20 miles line of site) The signal converters can take for instance a thermocouple input and output a proportional 4-20ma signal. The USA website is www.phoenixcon.com and german website is www.phoenixcontact.com If you need more info just email me at [email protected]

can u transmit that digitally. because if u tramnsmit in analog form a single value, it may get attenuated and u may have the exact shape fo the wave tx but not the exact value. so , assuming that u r going to tx. digitally, u need the following, RF transmitter and receiver. u can select them with any company.

Yes this is possible. There are a lot of parameters that need to be discussed to give you a solid solution. Environment?, Sensors?, Transceivers?, Antenna?, Line of site? PC being used?, Software? to name a few. I am a multi vendor rep. contact me at [email protected]

J
Take a look at Phoenix Contact, they have a radio system model #MCR-RT-4AI-DC part#5603381, that has (4) 4-20ma inputs. The transciever will send the signal to a receiver up to 20+ miles with the right antenna.