INFI90 Conductor NT 6 workgroup to Domain migration

T

Tony Biyama

We have Conductor NT 6 installed on our servers and clients on a windows XP platform in a workgroup and everything seems to be working fine. The issue we are encountering is trying to migrate from workgroup to a domain due to the large area and various subnets we have. Our servers have redundancy (Primary and Secondary) and when we migrate they both go Active Online rather than the secondary going Inactive Online. This results in TAGs being duplicated. Has anyone encountered this and has some clues? Would appreciate some help.

C

Chris Jennings

It's been a long time since I played with Conductor NT, but I think I have seen that before. Double check the settings for each server in the tag database perhaps something is configured incorrectly. I assume you can run the system with just one server without any problems. Perhaps you should delete the redundant server from the configuration and try a reinstallation, going through each of the configuration steps for the redundant server. There may have been a mistake with the configuration.

The other issue may be the for some reason the redundancy broker is unable to identify that the other server is running. Check to make sure that your IP addresses are correct. I think theses are manually entered into the hosts file, maybe they were changed when you did your workgroup -> domain migration.

Chris Jennings

Hello Everbody!!!

Can anybody tell me how can i configure my Conductor NT software on a server machine to acquire real time data from Controllers???

C

Chris Jennings

That's pretty vague, what method are you using to connect from the Conductor NT server and the Infi90? Serial? SCSI? Is there a TCP/IP CIU yet?

P.S. Probably best if you had started a new thread instead of using this one.

Chris