information (whatever)on Simatic S5 101U

• Thread starter BAHAA ELDEEN HASSAN
  • Start date
B

BAHAA ELDEEN HASSAN

A CHALLENGE!!
Could any one provide me with any information about this ghost called s5 101u .It seems that siemens has forgotten that it has once produced this type !!!

BAHAA ELDEEN (One of the many who are suffering from lack of information concerning s5 101u)

..this was a challenge and I dared to accept it !
I own a 1985 manual about the 101U (I wonder if some day Sotheby's could be interested on it..)

main features:
- outputs can be Relay, Transistor or Triac
- programming port is a standard Simatic AS511
20mA current loop interface.
-can be expanded (1 expansion module only)
- can be networked via Simatic L1 network
- 1024 Step5 istructions, programmed only
in FB1 or PB1.
- flags area: 64 bytes (bytes 0 to 31 are retentive)
- 16 timers/16 counters
- max 40 inputs / 24 outputs (with expansion module)

If it may help, the manuals codes are:
6ES5 998-0UC13 (German language)
6ES5 998-0UC23 (English language)
6ES5 998-0UC33 (French language)

My manuals, in Italian language only:
GWA 4NEB 810 2119-01b (service manual)
GWA 4NEB 810 2120-01a (programming manual)

Anyway, I am not really sure if you can get them
from Siemens, since the 101U production was
discontinued long ago. If you (or anybody else) need some specific info about the 101U, contact me privately, I would like not to bore the list... ;-)

bye
Luca Gallina
- tecnog -

M

Michael Griffin

At 12:39 24/03/00 -0500, BAHAA ELDEEN HASSAN wrote:
<clip>
>Could any one provide me with any information about this ghost
>called s5 101u .It seems that siemens has forgotten that it has
>once produced this type !!!
<clip>
What kind of information are you looking for? I have never used one myself and I don't have a manual, but I think I could dig up some old
catalogue type information if that is all you want.

These were a large shoe-box style PLC in the S5 series. I believe they had expansion I/O modules that were roughly similar in size to the CPU.
They looked to be roughly comparable in capability to an AB PLC/4 if you are familiar with those. I'm not sure if you can program the S5-101 with software or if you are limited to using a hand-held.

If you have one, then I suppose I haven't told you anything new so far. If you are just curious, then I may be able to send you copies of some
pages out of a catalogue. Let me know if you want me to do any more for you.

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada
[email protected]

M

Mike Milton, CCA

Ha! I just bought a manual for this in an auction on the web. And it is in English. I like to collect them just in case. I will be glad to help also.
Email me directly.

Mike Milton
CCA-Raleigh
[email protected]

G
We are talking about the 101U here, not the 100U.

Personally I schould either try to contact the support department ([email protected]) or buy myself a newer, more powerful PLC. The 101U is more or less "compatible" with the S7-200. for more information on this, you could contact the Simatic hotline also, or try to contact your local Simatic "partner".

Gerard Ammerlaan

> There is manuals/reference guide for Simatic S5 100U to download on:

>
http://www4.ad.siemens.de/infocs/li...rowse&lang=en&open0=-1-4-&aktprim=0&siteid=cs

D

D.C. Pittendrigh

Hi All

If you let me know what info you are looking for I will try to help, I know someone who has a manual.

Contact me off the Automation list at E_MAIL:[email protected]

Regards
Donald Pittendrigh

M

mtorn express

BAHAA: I HAVE THE 101U MANUAL SCANNED (ABOUT 20 PAGES) THIS SMALL PLC IS A COMPLETE UNIT: CPU, INPUTS AND OUTPUTS INTEGRATEDIN THE SAME UNIT. I CAN SEND POST THE PAGES IN IDRIVE FOR EXAMPLE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED. [email protected] MTORN EXPRESS