Installation of Honeywell Experion PKS R310.3 on latest version of Dell Servers

I

inc

Honeywell Experion PKS R310.3 was already installed on Dell R710 server at our plant. But the server was damaged in a fire accident. As the said model of the server have become obsolete and brand new server of same model is no longer available. I am not sure about installation of Experion PKS R310.3 on latest Dell servers. If somebody knows then please tell me whether installation of Experion PKS R310.3 is possible on latest Dell Servers OR I will have to use the refurbished Dell R710 server?

A

Ahmed Mohammed

At first glance you Have to use Hardware compatible with your Existing Software. Your Current operating system is windows server 2003. So you are limited to it otherwise you need upgrade software as well (which not needed just for solving current situation )

First solutions you can do is:

1-Refurbished Dell R710 Server

2- if you want use Dell products you can use T310 Minimum Server, non-RAID, WS2003. But this tower server while you are using rack server

3-you can also use rack server HP DL380G7 Performance Server RAID5, Dual power supply,support WS2003 or WS2008

Any solution of the above should work but the best is solution no.3, since you will upgrade Hardware to good performance server and New hardware will be compatible with new honeywell software releases above 310. if you upgrade in future you don't need change it, also you change from rack server you rack (better than sol.no.2).

Note : hardware mentioned in Sol No.2, 3 are supported by Honeywell to be used for EPKS server

>Honeywell Experion PKS R310.3 was already installed on Dell
>R710 server at our plant. But the server was damaged in a
>fire accident. As the said model of the server have become
>obsolete and brand new server of same model is no longer
>available. I am not sure about installation of Experion PKS
>R310.3 on latest Dell servers. If somebody knows then please
>tell me whether installation of Experion PKS R310.3 is
>possible on latest Dell Servers OR I will have to use the
>refurbished Dell R710 server?

Thanks Mr.Ahmed Mohammed for providing valuable information.

It seems that HP DL380G7 Performance Server RAID5 will be very useful solution. Are you sure about it that all Honeywell softwares of Experion PKS 310.3 can be installed on this HP server without any additional software support from Honeywell?

I want some more information in this regard, please email me on my email address <[email protected]>

Any other friend can also share the related information.

Thanks

C

coepengineer

Since you are on R310, better upgrade to Dell T610 RAID 5, R710XL RAID 5 or R310 non-RAID. Later releases of Experion support these servers and hence you will not have to replace those when you decide to upgrade the software.