Instrument Engineers' Handbook -- Co-Authors needed

B

Bela Liptak

Dear Colleagues,

Since its first publication in 1968, the three editions of the Instrument Engineers' Handbook (IEH) have established this reference, as the prime information source of the American process control industry. Now the list of contents of the 4th edition is being finalized and I would like to ask for your help in checking and commenting on it. With your help, I hope to maintain the IEH as the prime international reference source for
instrumentation and control around the world in the 21st Century. You could help me in the following:

1) By suggesting topics that are not yet covered in the 3rd edition.
2) By suggesting well qualified potential co-authors (including yourself) to prepare new sections or update some of the existing sections in the 3rd edition.
3) By recommending any other changes that make this handbook even more useful.

In case you do not have a copy of the 3rd edition of the IEH volumes (published by CRC Press), please ask me and I will send you a copy of the
proposed contents list for the 4th edition.

I do thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Bela Liptak, editor
84 Old N. Stamford Rd.
Stamford, CT. 06905-3961
Tel: 203-357-7614
Fax: 203-325-3922
E-Mail: [email protected]

S
Presently we are working in a sugar refinery as Instrumentation and Control Engineer. Though Instrumentation and Control of Petrolem and other industries are covered in the handbook, the instrumentation and control of sugar refinery is not included in the hand book. we are interested in contributing a chapter about Instrumentation and Control in Sugar Refinery.

Shaik Ismail and S.K. Sekar