Instrument Index

Hello all,

This is my first post here, I am new to the field of design engineering and I wanted to ask what is expected on an instrument schedule I have been tasked with making a hard and soft schedule, the former being a general instrument index c/w manufacturer details and hook up drawings etc... the latter to do with alarms etc.

But I am a bit unsure as to what fields are required on these. So far the soft one has Tag, I IO type, signal, system, loop, P&ID number, alarm coloumns for low to high, set point. The hard one, whch is basically just the field instrumentation has Type, duty, Line Number, manufacturer, model, location diagram, hook up, loop, calibrated range and instrument / process datasheet.

Is there anything I am missing, given that we are NOT doing an IO schedule (as this is a feed) and we are just trying to combine these for costing.

Any help is greatly apprciated!

With a smile :)

Good idea. Be prepared before anything breaks down.
I would add:
- standard delivery time from supplier (in case you need to order spares)
- minimum on stock as spares
- current and up to date manuals of the equipment/instrumentation
- if present: communication interface type incl. communication configuration parameters (comms speed, number of bits etc.)
- possible replacement (2nd supplier). Incl. mentioning of change to PLC program is neccesary (and which company can do the modifications)
- if it is possible to replace yourself, or expert of external company is necessary (PLC programming/config or configuration)
- be sure to have all PLC sourcecode available for maintenance. Or make arrangements that if companies that made the PLC programs supply the sourcecode in case they go bankrupt.

Good idea. Be prepared before anything breaks down.
I would add:
- standard delivery time from supplier (in case you need to order spares)
- minimum on stock as spares
- current and up to date manuals of the equipment/instrumentation
- if present: communication interface type incl. communication configuration parameters (comms speed, number of bits etc.)
- possible replacement (2nd supplier). Incl. mentioning of change to PLC program is neccesary (and which company can do the modifications)
- if it is possible to replace yourself, or expert of external company is necessary (PLC programming/config or configuration)
- be sure to have all PLC sourcecode available for maintenance. Or make arrangements that if companies that made the PLC programs supply the sourcecode in case they go bankrupt.

Thankyou Patrick!