Integrating EIB and Honeywell EBI

T

thankk

Hi

Has anyone integrated EIB and Honeywell EBI system? If so, how did you do it?

Best reagrds,
Than

I had integrated many equipments into EBI.So I am very familiar with it. You could use the API of EBI to write and read the data into the database of EBI system. If you want to do it quick , you could choose VB.There are some demo programms in the Disc of EBI's software.

You can use a Honewell WEBs controller (Tridium JACE) with EIB driver to connect to EIB Bus. The WEBs controller serves BACnet IP to the EBI BACnet client.
Regards
Ed Merwin
Tridium Inc.

A

abdelrhman alhur

Dear sirs,

we are a Honeywell Agent in jordan, we have an application to interface EBI with simplex Fire panel through BACKTALK simplex gateway using bacnet protocal. would you please advise if this applicable?

rgds,
abdelrhman alhur
application engineer
ajb-ammam

K

Khalid Nazim

I have done one project where we used a Schlapps & Partner EIB to OPC gateway and connected the system to Honeywell EBI using the OPC Client. The Schlapps & Partners product consisted of hardware EIBCC Gateway which connected to EIB on one side and connected to an OPC Server software component on the PC. The OPC server then served data to the OPC client running on Honeywell EBI.

Regards
Khalid

Can I know which OPC server software you using? I am currently looking at the multidrop and multimode OPC server. It is for MOD bus configuration.

Thanks

Hi Than,

You can use IntesisBox KNX/EIB to Modbus gateway and connect to the gateway using Modbus driver of Honeywell EBI. Or You can use also IntesisBox BACnet/IP to KNX/EIB gateway and connect to the gateway using the BACnet client of Honeywell EBI. These are small gateways in a box supporting thousands of points and easy to configure. See at http://www.intesis.com

Regards
Fran