Integration of Siemens S7-300 PLC into existing Honeywell PlantScape DCS

I

Igor

I'm trying to integrate Siemens S7-300 PLC into existing plant Honywell DCS PlantScape system with the redundant Process Control Network and redundant Control Net. Any insights of what would be the best way to do it?

Igor,

Depends which release of PlantScape you have. If it is 500 or later, you can use a option called OPC Integrator. OPC Integrator give you the possibility of transfering data between two OPC server. Then you have a OPC server connected with the PLC siemens and Honeywell OPC server, you will be able to transfer data between both application.

This is the only way I know it is possible to do it, peer to peer communication between both controller is not posssible.

I hope I answered your question.

Regards

Louis

Use Knowledge Builder - it should be on your server and Look up Siemens.

Then using the Quick Builder (if nesseccary adding the controller & getting the licence) you will be able to interface easily to your Siemens controller.

If you are comfortable with OPC and there is an OPC server or client installed (or use the Honeywell Client Server) you could use OPC - however you will still need Quick Builder unless you are running R500 or ExperionPKS R100 or R101

If you've just installed R200 get H'well engineers to show you!

a certified Honeywell Plantscape/Experion Engineer