interfacing HART devices to Experion

Why would you?
When using the C200 controller with it's I/O modules the HART interpreter is integrated in the system! You have the HART data available in Experion, you don't need a separate unit.

When not using standard Honeywell I/O modules there are several solutions to connect a Asset Managment tool either by a hardware mux or through a emulated mux on the pks server.

Greatings.

Hi Rob,

could you tell me more about this 'emulation' mux? apparently, we have the Experion and have the AMS Device Manager (Asset Manager Software) from Emerson, and we would like to interface AMS Experion by get HART parameters pass-through as MUX interface.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

We're looking at the PKS Experion Release 300 at the moment for our new plant (start-up 2009). H'well promises a "software" MUX which enables pas through of HART data from it's own HART-I/O to a PC connected to their network enabling instrument vendor software running on that PC to access the instruments.

For Asset Managment purpose we are looking at the H'well Asset Manager tools.

You should contact H'well for detailed information.

Greetings, Rob

Hi

Let me explain the funda behind using the software mux in experion context. Software mux emulates the Mux network and give interface to any host application to talk to Honeywell Server and in turn to I/Os and device.

Confiugration which you are going to use is having AMS talking to HOneywell SWMUX . Where Softwaremux (SWMUX) resides in Honeywell Experion server.

This swmux component is installed in experion server which talks to Honeywell HART I/o s and devices.

I would rather recomment you to use Honewell FDM with assetmanager solution which will give you speed of device configuration and total solution (I think with R210 and R300 of experion FDM release R102 and R200 is compatible).
Feel free to ask anything.

Regards,
Japan