Interfacing Motor Stepper with PC

M

Max McVie

hi.guys i'm a student of highschool and i'm very new to this electronical subject. my teacher give me an assignment that has something to do with controlling the motor stepper. I hope anyone could give me something about the layout pcb, schema, based on isa or pci slot that could control the motion of basic motion stepper. Please i beg of you guys!

C

Curt Wuollet

Try "www.boondog.com":http://www.boondog.com and follow the links.

Jameco and mpja offer very low cost kits and information. Look up the chips they use and the application notes will tell you what you want to know. Also a google search on stepper control circuits will get you lots of links. The folks who make the chips are your friends. They publish extensive application notes and reference designs to get you to use their products. Large amounts of information are available on the hobby robotics pages as well. If all else fails. mail me.

Regards

cww

u know when u have to control basic motor stepper motoin function all u have to do is to control its mode for full step and and half step and also enable and disable it's motion. thats all.
i don't know if u have to make some pcb for this project or u can get some driver circuit from market, if u want to get driver circuit which can control these function i can give u its address.
but try to see the magazine "electronics for you".
bye

B

Brian E Boothe

a project such as that for a high school student?? seems strange?? does he want you to build the whole project or just get information on it ?? i have a whole designed project w/ source code.. but i cant give it away for
free

if you have worked on controlling stepper motors by pc, can u please help me ? i want to know the basic components required for different kind of motion

Hi, my name is George and I am in high school to. I do this stuff for plain fun, I have been doing it since I was about 8 or 9 years old (not as advance when i was 8 or 9 as i am not but still played with electric stuff like motors and things like that). Anyway I have a lot of information on controlling this with your pc. I have also built a robot that is about 4 by 4ft and is radio controlled. my e-mail is [email protected] so if you want to e-mail me gohead and I will be willing to give you the information you need but I have only been interfacing with the pc for a short time also.