Internet Explorer Registry Settings/Industrial Intranet

R

Rick Hudson

All,

We're using MS Internet Explorer in an industrial intranet on plant floor displays. Does anyone know the registry settings to disable menu commands on the pop up menu you get when you right-click in Internet Explorer?

Thanks,

Rick Hudson

A

Anthony Kerstens

Look at policy editor. There may be something there.

Anthony Kerstens P.Eng.

> ------- Forwarded message follows -------
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: SOFT: Internet Explorer Registry Settings/Industrial Intranet
> To: [email protected]-control.com
>
> All,
>We're using MS Internet Explorer in an industrial intranet on plant floor displays. Does anyone know the registry settings to disable menu commands on the pop up menu you get when you right-click in Internet Explorer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Hudson

D

Diana Bouchard

The Windows 95 Annoyances site (http://www.annoyances.org) provides a procedure
for editing context menus (the ones that pop up via a right click when your mouse pointer is sitting on an item, and relate to the item). Look in the list at: http://www.annoyances.org/win95/win95ann2.html under the heading "Customize Context Menus". I don't know if this procedure will let you delete everything on the desktop context menu (essentially giving you a "null menu"), but it's
worth a try. Keep a record of what you delete, and if the procedure doesn't work, you can always put the items back via the same procedure (I assume, I've never done it myself).

This site is generally worth knowing about. It's not just a "gripe site" as the name might suggest, but contains a wealth of suggestions for dealing with knotty little Win 9x problems, and even a humour page for when it all gets too
much for you.

Diana Bouchard

*************************************************************************************
Diana C. Bouchard
Paprican, Process Control Group
570 St Johns Boulevard
Pointe Claire Quebec H9R 3J9 Canada
phone: (514) 630 4100 x2376 fax: (514) 630 4120
email: [email protected]
*************************************************************************************