Intouch Time Stamp Question

C

Chris

I have several remote RTU's communicating to a central station, this central station then communicates with Wonderware Intouch. My problem is that the remote stations communicate in a ring, so information is collected from station 1 then station 2 then station 3 and so on. So for example if the system is currently collecting data on station 2, and then an event occurs on
station 1 and then an event occurs on station three; the later event on station 3 will be picked up before the event on station 1. Therefore my question is : will intouch display the events in the correct order they actually happened, and if not is there some way to sort this problem in Intouch (ie. does intouch use time
stamping)

Thanks.

O
Yes, Wonder ware Intouch 7.0, 7.1, and 7.11 utilize time stamping but only if you use suitelink, not DDE tags.> I have several remote RTU's communicating to a central station, this central station then communicates with Wonderware Intouch. My problem is that the remote stations communicate in a ring, so information is collected from station 1 then station 2 then station 3 and so on. So for example if the system is currently collecting data on station 2, and then an event occurs on

J
Chris,

What is the communication protocol that you are using ? With a master-slave protocol, unless the protocol itself stores, timestamps, and queues events to be read by the master there would be no way for the master to sort out their original sequence. This is not an Intouch issue.

Also, which driver are you using ? The DDE/SuiteLink drivers that come with Intouch are great for applications where you are connected though a local area network but there are much
better drivers availble that can be used with Intouch for telemetry applications.

What is your communication medium ? Radio (which one), ADN, leased line, etc.

Jay Kirsch

chris,
is it possible to capture the PLC time&date along with your data and broadcast it to the network.

off course, the time stamp will be PLC time stamp not the PC time stamp.

We've done it with wonderware, RSLinx and AB DF-1 master slave through radio communication. we broadcast the PLC time along with the data,
in first in first out scheme.

some script is being develop in the wonderware. and crystal report is being use to display the SOE.

Unfortunately the documentation has gone along with my computer HD.

T
Any versions of InTouch has time stamping capabilities. You just need to format alarm message of your alarm window. You can show the time in 24-hr format, with AM/PM, the hour, minute, seconds, milisec if you wish. For a more robust use of alarms, you need to group your alarms according to each site and prioritize each tag of alarms. But all of these alarms can be viewed with a time stamp in it in your alarm window which you can review. It's true though that you can only do this using suitelink. Regards.