Intouch wonderware to siemens Wincc

L

Lee Sullivan

Hi,

I have a SIMATIC PANEL PC670 that runs Wonderware and due to some obsolete hardware I need to change the HMI, and I would like to convert the software to Siemens WinCC.

Can a conversion be achieved?

The HMI is currently running on WIN NT 4.0 and Intouch 7.1 I have no experience of Wonderware only Siemens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Lee

There is no utility or conversion tools to Wonderware from Siemens (or other way around). You local friendly Siemens rep may be able to help you (usually by sending the app to India).

Have you considered using the new InTouch CE version? You may find a much more cost effective way of getting your kit up to date.

Even with the engineering involved it will probably still be cheaper to stick with Wonderware.

L

Lee Sullivan

Thanks for the reply, I'm not really up on OPC, what does it do and how difficult is it to set up?

Thanks
Lee

Z

Zahid Ali Khan

Dear Lee,
Only you can rebuilt your HMI By your self. If you need same help? send me backup file of your HMI. May i Help you.
regards,

Zahid Ali Khan.
Rox tech Engineering.
Email:- roxtech2002 [at] yahoo.co.uk.

HI,

I would speak with COPA-DATA, they have a SCADA package that will import both WINCC and Wonderware.

they can also import siemens projects as well

The SCADA itself is very good, in fact BMW have standardised globally on the product, and I believe siemens OEM the product also

L

Lee sullivan

>Here is some tutorials to bring up to
>speed on it: http://is.gd/f0XVk
>
>If you have any questions, feel free to
>contact me directly at: wassim.daoud [@]
>matrikonopc .com

Hi that web address took me to a photorestoration page, i don't think it's correct? Can you confirm?

Lee

W

Wassim Daoud

> Hi that web address took me to a photorestoration page, i don't think it's correct? Can you confirm? <

Hello Lee,

it shouldn't. this link is for the 5 steps OPC Tutorials. it's been shortened so the link fits on the page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wassim Daoud
Global Solutions Architect
www.MatrikonOPC.com