IOT advise

Hey Guys,
I am now getting situations where I need to connect a 4-20Ma signal to "the cloud".
Can anyone advise me on a piece of hardware they have personally installed - that works out-of-the-box.

Yes, I can search google all day - which I have and have found many, but what works?

I want something that can display Flow on a customers Android nicely.

Any advise helps. Thanks.

Terry,

Good luck on this endevour. I do not know of any out of the box solutions. Each one takes some level of work and setup. I know OSI PI has hooks and handles to connect up to the internet allow a web page interface. I am not sure about Android connectivity.

Emerson has good tools too. You can use Emerson Wireless gateway to some Emerson Hard Transmitters and then use Emerson SNAP ON. Again, I dont know if this interfaces to an android app.

What type of facility are your working on? Do you want to pull more than just 1 transmitter flow?

Actually, I have just recently been advised by Acromag to look at www.ctekproducts.com
They have solutions that can help at a reasonable price (~$1,000).

Facility - It's just a couple of well on a hill. It will save operators driving up to the well in the middle of the night.

Actually, I have just recently been advised by Acromag to look at www.ctekproducts.com
They have solutions that can help at a reasonable price (~$1,000).

Facility - It's just a couple of well on a hill. It will save operators driving up to the well in the middle of the night.
If you wish to design your own security, The raspberry PI can handle your needs.

youtube is your friend on this one. Let me know if you go this route. PI is my friend.

However, it is not "out of the box". The end result during design is rewarding.