IP65 (Protected against water jets)

K

Kenneth Keung

Does anyone know the detail requirement of IP65? I would like to get the detail test procedures!

I also need IP66 water jet information. Specifically the amount of water that is used during the test.

> Does anyone know the detail requirement of IP65? I would like to get the detail test procedures! IP65: 6 Mean: Totally protected against dust 5 Mean: Protected against low presure jets if water from all directions-limited ingress premitted

S

Shinyee Chan

> > Does anyone know the detail requirement of IP65? I would like to get the detail test procedures! > > IP65: > 6 Mean: Totally protected against dust > 5 Mean: Protected against low presure jets if water from all directions-limited ingress premitted > Is it from the Institute of Petroleum? Is there any detailed spec from the institute that I can obtain?

You might try IEC 529(probably 60529 with the new IEC numbering system), "Classification of Degrees of Protection by Enclosures" as a starting point. The applicable European standard is also known as EN60529-1. The Hoffman catalog has a good physical description of the IPs. Bill Mostia =========================================== William(Bill) L. Mostia, Jr. PE Independent I &E Consultant WLM Engineering Co. P.O. Box 1129 Kemah, TX 77565 [email protected] 281-334-3169 These opinions are my own and are offered on the basis of Caveat Emptor.

G
Hi Shinyee, I think IP Stands for Industrial Protection class. Which defines the standard of protection from the industrial environments for the panels/enclousers which houses the PLC/Control system. BR/Girish Kshema Technologies Ltd., # 33/1, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore 560027, INDIA. Tel: (91) 80- 2995114/5/6 Fax: (91) 80 2272933