KepserverEX - no connections to the real device - is there a way to simulate the device?

hi All
I have kepserverEx configured to connect to the plc but there is no physical connection there yet.
Is there any way to simulate the communication as healthy so i dont get plenty of messages in the scada "Error_configuration" ?
I tried to use the option "Operating Mode\Simulated" set to true which according to the help and Kepware support (who repeated exactly what manual says) should also work but somehow this setting does not work.
Has anybody used this function or can suggest any workaround for the simulation to work?

Kepware manuals says:
"
Simulated:
Place the device into or out of Simulation Mode. In this mode, the driver does not attempt to
communicate with the physical device, but the server continues to return valid OPC data. Simulated stops
physical communications with the device, but allows OPC data to be returned to the OPC client as valid data.
While in Simulation Mode, the server treats all device data as reflective: whatever is written to the simulated
device is read back and each OPC item is treated individually. The item's memory map is based on the group
Update Rate. The data is not saved if the server removes the item (such as when the server is reinitialized).
The default is No.
Notes:
1. This System tag (_Simulated) is read only and cannot be written to for runtime protection. The System
tag allows this property to be monitored from the client.
2. In Simulation mode, the item's memory map is based on client update rate(s) (Group Update Rate for
OPC clients or Scan Rate for native and DDEinterfaces). This means that two clients that reference
the same item with different update rates return different data.
Simulation Mode is for test and simulation purposes only. It should never be used in a production environment.
"

regards