KepServerEx v4.5 and Windows 7 Issue

O

Oleksandr_Husyev

Hello!

I have the following issue with KepServerEx v4.5 and Windows 7 SP1 32 bit. Under Windows user account with Administrator rights everything works fine. But under account with User rights or even Experienced User rights KepServerEx doesn't work. What should I do to solve this problem?

I can't leave PC loaded under Administrator rights, only under User. Google search gives nothing.

Thanks. Any your help will be appreciated a lot.

Best regards,
Oleksandr.

I've been away from the board for awhile, but if your issue hasn't already been resolved, i suggest you reach out to Kepware about upgrading to their Version 5.x product as it supports Windows 7.

John

F

Fred Loveless

Hi, I am surprised that I missed this post as I monitor this forum. The server needs Administrative rights to access the registry if you make changes to settings. The most secure way to do this is to run it as a services but the V4 server is not Windows Vista Compliant since the Runtime and UI (User Interface) are the same.

V5 has a separate UI from the runtime. That is what you will need to use to resolve this issue if you have not already done so.

I basically wanted to get an answer posted in here so that other people who run into the same issue will be able to see it.