Klockner Moeller PS306 PLC

E

ebberdeen

I am finding that KM seem to have a pretty useless tech helpline in the UK.

I was using a UM1.5-1 (232/485) combined with a KPG PS306 lead for communicating via sucosoft.

The converter and lead have been stolen.

KM cannot seem to help with a suitable replacement. So is anyone out ther usiong an altrnative KM part that KM were unable to recommend.
Will the PS4 converter/lead, interface on a PS306 for instance.
Thanks in advance.

You can't use other new Moeller converter (i.e. ZB4-501-UM4) 232/485 Suconet K -protocol. It won't works. But as alternative to the UM 1.5-1 Moeller part - Suconet K1 protocol (for PS306 connection) you can use a standard 232/485 converter. I used with success Omega - Model 285 (232/485 converter) - but it's very expensive - i am sure that could be find one cheaper.

Regards,

R

Richard Hughes

As I understand it, KM 'outsourced'their PLC support to Applied Automation, tel 01656 767370. They are in Bridgend, and very helpful. They should have the cable and adaptor you need in stock.

I have no connection with them, but I have used them several times, they are very good people to deal with.

F
You should be aware that Moeller's PS3 series has been obsolete for many years, that's why there is limited or no support and no spare parts. This is an old design from years ago.

We sell the more modern stuff in the United States, http://controlparts.com

R

Rick Carlson

The UM1.5 can still be purchased from Moeller. If you send me your email address, I will forward the pinout for the KPG-PS306 adapter cable. I would definately suggest that you consider upgrading from the PS306, as it is not really supported any longer. I would suggest a PS4-341-MM1 as a replacement. You may require some help to perform the conversion, but if you have the source code for your program, you should be able to upgrade your program to the newer system using the S40 v5.x software.

H

Horace Florea

I am from Romania and I have the same problem with the UM 1.5-1. Please send me by mail where can I purchase another interface and cable. Many thanks.

Horace Florea

If you are from Romania I would recommend you to contact Omega Holding in Iasi <www.omegaholding.ro> - they are Moeller Integrator and they could solve your problem. Probably will be very dificult to find out an UM1.5 converter but they could advise you which other converter could be use or they can do the commisioning for you.

Regards