LCD display control in C++

A

amit

i am an engineering student in computer science looking forward to some cool projects in c++. Especially I want to learn hardware control through c++. For the purpose I can't think better option than lcd display control. If you are reading this and are capable of helping me then please help me out because i'm a sincere learner and really want to learn something meaningful.

Hope you will help an aspiring engineer.

i hope u may make some thing like controlling a remote control car gust by pluging its remote controller to the serial port or any other port... i think the point will be the delay time between the pc and the car... sorry if it didnt help. and i hope u find better ideas.

R

Rokicki, Andrew

Another "cool" project would be a stepper controller. You can get a stepper out of one of your old disk or CD drive. Than you can drive it with parallel port.

MAKE SURE you are optically isolated and have adequate current driving capabilities. There is some information on the web on these motors.
If you can't find it ask us.

Andy R.
Somewhere at: 41 -72

Since you don`t have a lot of experiance with programming for the hardware, i suggest you start with something that doesn`t involve serial comunication. For example you could build a 8-light lightwhow controlled by PC and program you wrote in c++. To make one of the printer port (DB-25) pins high (have him to transmit 5V) you need just one line of simple code: _outp(0x378,n); where n relates to the number of pin (or pins) you wish to enable. A little electronics knowledge is required, especialy if you if you wish to use bulbs instead of LED`s.

Or you can just make a freaking laser show using some cheap lasers attached to a mechanism made of stepper motors controlled with parallel port and c++... I made the damn thing and i can tell you it looks awsome! A couple of cheap loops of code and some hardware can make a man happy. ( Especially if you write a plugin for winamp and play some of her favourite songs. :). Happy thinking, boys. G.

u can do one thing u can just try to write characters in 4x20 LCD display in desired positions.

suman

Hi

PC or others? You can try on LPT1 and COM1.

by com1 send your serial data and by lpt1 control the lcd. it is very easy. good luck.