level measurement by dp transmitter under vaccum pressure

Y

yogesh

how can i measure level by dp transmiiter under vaccum pressure b' cause it shows wrong level than actual by local gauge glass

Here is some more information: i am facing problem for measuring level of condensate tank under vaccum b'cause it shows less than actual and i have used LP lag without condensate pot. So, suggest for any better solution for measurement of level under vaccum. I have siemens DP transmmiter.

S
Obviously if you want to measure using DP you'll have to measure the vacuum (either with the low leg of the DP or a second transmitter) and correct, or if the vacuum is fairly constant, just add a constant correction.

OR, get a transmitter that doesn't depend on pressure. Radar, ultrasonic, float, etc.

if you are dealing with hot condensate, you have to be sure that the condensate leg remains full and cooled. Typically a condensate pot is used in the low side leg to insure that it stays filled for all pressures.

Hot condensate levels are routinely measured with d/p measurements. Displacer measurements are also used.

Dear Yogesh,

Can you brief your application

Hotwell or LP Heater in thermal power plant? What are the media parameters and ambient condition?

Whether any Constant Head Chamber (CHC) is prepared?
Cooling arrangement for CHC?
What is Existing Level Transmitters?
Why you want to change same?

This will help the reviewer to give answer.

Regards

>Dear Yogesh,

>Can you brief your application

---- snip ----

It's a hotwell tank in power plant