Level Measurement Problem with Molasses

S

Sangeet Kohli

Hi, how are you all.
We have a application of measuring the level of sugar molasses (A, B, C light). The molasses is heated in a heater. The pressure in the heater is 0.4 to 0.5 bar abs. The temperature will be in the range of 70-90 deg C. There may be little NCG/Vapor. Please suggest with detail.

Non-contact radar, assuming there is sufficient height above the vessel to install the device. Companies like Siemens or E&H.

There are a variety of non-contact instruments suitable for this application. Ultrasonic, radar, etc.

In addition to E&H and Siemens, Ohmart/Vega, Thermo Electron and Khrone are others to consider as non-contact level options. Laser may be an alternative also. KTek and Optech are vendors.

L.Kolbert

Dear Sir,

Please note we have supplied Siemens ultrasonic type level transmitter to many sugar industries in molases application.

They all are working very fine.

For more clarification, please contact us.

Vivek Dikshit
Senior Engineer
Supreme Technology-New Delhi
Mob No: - + 91 93127 01182

S

sangeet kohli

I am asking about the molasses level in heater. The detail is as follow
Equipment : Heater
Media : Molasses
Temp. : 70-85 degC
Pressure : 0.4-0.5 Bar abs.(or nagative pressure)
Nature : very viscous, sticky

I think ultrasonic can work in max. 0.9 B abs. pressure only. Radar can not give the right value if the continuous vapor production will be there. Laser may have the same problem. Any of the system can work in open tank.

A
dear sir,

I find this highly uncertain, coz some of my clients have been struggling with same issue. radars don`t work and ultrasonic certainly does not.

only something like a float type LT may work in this application.