Lightning fault affecting the IO card on Gas turbine Frame 6b.

Good morning house.
In the recent year it has been notice that whenever there is lightning ⚡ it affect mostly VRTD card in Mark VI. Why is it that whenever there is lightning it only affect VRTD card why not others.
Please house i want to know why is that so?

Are the generator temperature RTDs connected to the VRTD (via the TRTD)?

How close to the generator are the lightning strikes?

If the turbine control system is a Mark* VI then the unit is probably about 20 years old, plus or minus a couple/three years. What has been happening before this last year when lightning strikes occurred? Same behavior? (And, as ControlsGuy25 has noted, we need to know how the VRTD card or the RTDs connected to it are reacting when a lightning strike?)

Do you know if the Mark* VI has both a functional earth and an instrument earth? If it does, have you checked the potential between the two earths recently?

How close to the generator are the lightning strikes?

If the turbine control system is a Mark* VI then the unit is probably about 20 years old, plus or minus a couple/three years. What has been happening before this last year when lightning strikes occurred? Same behavior? (And, as ControlsGuy25 has noted, we need to know how the VRTD card or the RTDs connected to it are reacting when a lightning strike?)

Do you know if the Mark* VI has both a functional earth and an instrument earth? If it does, have you checked the potential between the two earths recently?
Good morning
thanks for your response.
in early this year earth resistance test was carriedout for the Mark VI and which was okay with value got from the earth tester.

The RTD was connected through the TRTD then to the VRTD.

Akin,

I hear this ALL the time. "We tested it and it was okay."

And, I find many times (more often than not) that the test wasn't done correctly or the results weren't interpreted correctly or (as is often the case) the results seemed to be acceptable because there was no reference available to compare the results to.

You failed to answer most of the really pertinent questions, and the information you provided was not useful. We can't provide any more assistance.