Linear Actuator

G

George Wood

I am looking for an low voltage electric actuator that moves .3" or less per second that has at least 75 lbs of force and 1 to 2 inch stroke. It also would be nice if it was 6" long or less when retracted. Or is there a controller with a pot for controlling the speed of an existing 24 vdc actuator out there. The unit that we have moves at .6" per sec and we need roughly half that.

C

Clifford Jones

Hello George,

There is a company called Intelligent Actuator
America, sometimes called IAI.

They have a little AC Servo Actuator that works
just great (their cost is only $700 or so).

We have developed a Palm Pilot interface that works with their serial interface and found the unit very reliable.

They reworked their website a few months ago and it looks pretty good. You should be able to find a model that fits your need.

Their website is www.intelligentactuator.com

Regards,

Cliff Jones - Narly Software

--------------------------------------------------------------
Handheld HMI software for the Palm Pilot
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.NarlySoftware.com
mailto:[email protected]
La Habra, CA USA
562-694-2220

Try Cal Linear's new cylindrical linear with a PMC motion controller... They're in Carlsbad CA... Contact Chuck Shultz.
760- 603-8026

Bob Close

C

Craig Kackert

Hello George,
My company is CK Design Tech. I mfg. linear actuators. I do make a 1.8" stroke mini linear actuator. It's body is 3" long and stall force is 100 lb. At 30 lb. speed is .27"/sec. I also have other modles to choose from and I mfg. servo drivers too. I have a old web site at www.ckdesigntech.com you can look at, or give me a call at 805-522-3750.
Mabe I can help.
Sincerely, Craig