Linking different PLC brands

S

Smith

> it is relatively easy to make a AB to Omron gateway. Hi, I'm just starting out and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction (websites, personnal knowledge, word combinations to search under...) for any info (the more detailed and varied the better) regarding how to get different brands of PLCs to talk. for example, have an AB SLC500 work in concert with a Modicon TSX3710. although I'd also appreciate info on any other combinations as well! I'm looking for what kind of hardware/software are required, what their adv, dissadv are, etc. thank you very much Helen

C

Curt Wuollet

Prayer might help, otherwise it will be kludgy and expensive. A lot of effort is devoted to ensuring that you can't easily do this. This is kind of an area that has to be taken on a case by case basis. There may be bridges, etc. available or there may not. try a search for automation protocol converters and see if you can find some independent integrators to ask. If you can be specific, the listers can usually help. Regards cww

J

Jerry Miille

Take a look at the Miille Applied Research Omnii-Comm product. It can speak most PLC protocols including Allen-Bradley, Modbus, Square D, Omron, Toshiba and Reliance. The web address is http://www.miille.com Thanks, Jerry Miille