loading and reading a DXF file into a control program

E

Esther

i m working on a VB 6.0 machine control programming. however, i do not know how to load and read the value from the DXF file into the program. would anyone who know pls help me with this? Thanks.

T

Thomas Hergenhahn

If I don't miss anything really important, DXF is an exchange format for (technical) drawings. VB6 is Visual Basic 6, which is itself a programming language+environment which will itself neither read drawings nor control machines. So if you insist doing this, there must be a third thing, let me guess, a program written itself in VB6 doing the machine control.

This may read some file formats foreseen by it's programmer. But what would you suppose it to do with the information from the DXF?
1. Display schematics in the background and highlight whatever is currently active, faulty...?
2. Doing motor control as apropriate for the device drawn in the schematic (automatically providing any missing information from the internet) ?

If it's 1), I think it's unlikely your program's programmer took the pain to decode and rasterize dxf, but he night have foreseen pixel graphics. Convert your DXF to what it swallows (GIF, BMP, JPEG). If it's 2) AI research is only some ears away from this, but since some decades.