Loading OPC Tags in MARKVI

A

Anbu

Hello,

I am trying to access the OPC Tags in Mark6 GE WorkstationST OPC DA Server from the OPC Client (Matrikon opc explorer). But the system integrator is not aware how to load the Mark 6 HMI Tags to OPC Server. So my question is

How to upload/update the tags/variables from Mark6 HMI application to WorkstationST OPC DA Server?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure from the context if you really mean Mark VIe, since WorkstationST is less commonly used with the older Mark VI devices.

The HMIs use the same OPC DA source for Cimplicity screens, so there is a good chance the OPC DA server is already configured for the data you want. If not, it is dirt simple with a Mark VIe--simply open the Worstation configuration in ToolboxST and add reference the device from the OPC DA tab

If it is a Mark VI configured using Toolbox Classic in combination with WorkstationST, there is still a good chance it is already configured to support an HMI. If not, there are a few extra steps. The system needs an SDB server, which Toolbox Classic must be configured to post EGD variables to. The ToolboxST system must be configured to point to the same SDB server. Then, you can simply reference the device in the Workstation configuration.