Logger function on TSX Premium PLC

V

Vlad

Hi!

I've tried to write a logger function in Vijeo Designer to store data (results of PLC calculations and I/O values) on CF card (Magelis XBTG4330 panel). But it's not a good solution, because the amount of information stored is too small (had to overwrite files or lines inside a file).
Does anybody know if it's possible to create some PLC logger function and to write data to a card or external device (could be separate module standard for this type of PLC or possibly just another (could be Ethernet) device)? The data are first placed in PLC's internal %MW-locations and are ready to be stored on trigger bit which is set when all the calculations are done. Data to store: 10-20 %MW-words. One file can consist of f.ex. 100 sets of those. Then a new file is started. Filename/number (and dataset number within one file) could be incremented by PLC program.

A longer time (from minutes to days) is between those write operations (on trigger bit). Upload of the stored information to a PC could be done after one or several years of operation (i.e. it could be stored thousands of files by that time).

Thanks for any help!

If the device that you want to log to is a SQL server you could accompliah this task with the TSXWMY100 FactoryCast HMI Ethernet Module. The FactoryCast HMI Module can be connected directly and completely autonomously to the following relational databases: SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle. The connection allows all internal or process data to be archived so that it can be logged or traced. The data can be archived (written) periodically and/or on a specific event.

Thank you for the answer!

It's the device to log to (itself) that is the problem and not the communication. P571634 is already equipped with ETY PORT. But it's not connected to the external network. Switches are just used for communication between PLC, operator panels and Advantys STB island. I need some "memory module" to log to.

You can store data in the RAM memory card of your Premium PLC if you have one. There is a functions WRITE_PCMCIA that allow you to write some %MW inside the PCMCIA and retrieve them ater with READ_PCMCIA.

Either you use the usual PCMCIA (up to 7Mb) and the memory will be shared between your program code and that additional data... or you use a dedicated 8Mb PCMCIA that will be hosted in slot 1 instead of slot 0.

Hope it helps.

Thanks! Where can I find model spesification and description for that 8 MB PCMCIA (slot 1) card? Does PLC use the same method of storage (%MW words, as internally) or some special (file) format?