Looking for a smart drive

Y

yuli

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution concerning a motion control. I'm looking for a smart drive.

I should implement a new slave axis in a multiaxis system (high precision turning). The tracking will be directly provided by the coder of the master Z axis (Fanuc Motor + Fanuc NC) and linked on the new drive or on a PLC... When the Z axis will move, then the slave axis should move similarly. (precision +/-0.02mm). I will have a digital input "Sync" on the slave. When Sync will be TRUE then the slave should move synchronously with the master: if axis Z of the master moves +5mm then the slave should move of +5mm.

But when Sync=FALSE the slave should go to a definite position (say +10mm). That's the only intelligence, and that's why I need a smart drive.

My first solution is to use a Beckhoff configuration with a CX1020 (embedded PC) There is a virtual PLC on the PC (twincat NC-PTP) The input digital module will be on the CX1020. And a Bechkoff drive (AX...) will be linked to the PC via Ethercat. But with this solution there is a PC with Windows, and I'm not sure my customer will accept this solution.

That's why I need another solution: here your solutions are welcome. If you know a solution in which there is only a drive with intelligence that would be the ideal for me.

The idea is also not to have any jerk when the slave axis would have to synchronize when Sync will become TRUE.

The axis could move on 10mm.

(The motor to control will be a servomotor 0.2N 0.1Kw).

Thanks for those who have read and those who can advice me.

Regards,
Julien
Software Embedded Engineer

Julien,

You need send to Slave "smart" controller a position also (additionally to Sync signal).
Today some single axis motion controllers have build-in and allow writing "macro", i.e. application program. For your application Vaster position maybe send by RS232 or second encoder input, connected to simulated encoder output of Master. Look for Elmo (http://www.elmomc.com) or Galil (http://www.galilmc.com) products.

leonid.lega @ gmail. com

Hi all,

Thanks for the answers.
It seems it's feasible.
I'll also have a look on Parvex, Controltechniques.

Regards,
Julien