Looking for asset management software.

N

Nered D.

I've used AMS in school and I would like incorporate something similar to our PM program, but I know we won't be able to afford AMS from Emerson. Any other suggestions?

AMS is a great tool and could be justified on savings over one year.

But, you could also purchase a HART/Fieldbus communicator to track the instrumentation as well.

If you have Fieldbus instrumentation, do what you can to justify AMS.

J
Maybe you don't have to manage all your devices from AMS to start with. You can begin small, maybe with a license for 100 tags. Identify the most critical valves and transmitters in your plant and manage those with AMS. You can then scale-up the AMS later to include the less critical devices as well.

You certainly need a handheld communicator for field work, but you also need device management software with a database. The device management software gives a system-wide view rather than device one-by-one including system-wide event capture, does calibration and maintenance scheduling, and a large PC screen makes it easier to see valve performance analysis, etc. including comparison of original and current performance by signature overlay, etc., and the database gives you an audit trail of configuration changes and service tasks performed, you get access to device and plant location documents, etc., and service notes, etc.

AMS capture faults as they happen or are predicted, you use the handheld in the field when you carry out the actual service work in the field. AMS ties in with the ERP/CMMS for work order generation, etc.

Jonas

Have a look at Tabs Systems. I’ve used them in the past and the system comprises of a range of modules covering most aspects of Facilities Management/Maintenance.

They have plenty of information about the software on their website at http://www.tabsfm.com, and it's flexible/reasonably priced.