looking for HMI work as a modbus slave device

H

Hong

Most of the HMI works as a master devices on the MODBUS network. it grabs data from slave devices such as PLCs. But I am try to find a HMI which could work as a slave devices on the MODBUS network. Or maybe I should find something in-between the HMI and PLCs?

J
Red Lion G3 series of HMI can operate as master or slave on Modbus TCP or Modbus RTU. I am curious what you are trying to accomplish that you need the HMI to be the slave though. Can you elaborate?

D

Darrin Hansen

I'm not personally aware of an HMI that works as a slave (although I suspect some do exist). But if you used a gateway, then you would be able to choose your HMI based on your other features (screen, performance, etc.) that should be more important.

If you go with a gateway, our company makes many varieties. For example, our XLTR-1000 RS-485 to RS-485 gateway is low cost, USB-programmable, and you could configure both of the RS-485 ports to be Modbus slaves: that way, you can have the HMI write data to the gateway's internal database on one side, and another master (PLC) read it from the other side.

http://iccdesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ICC&Product_Code=xltr1000

Regards,
Darrin Hansen
ICC, Inc.

Hi,

I saw in the medias that the company Hilscher have now also a HMI solution which can work as a master or slave device. Maybe this is something what you are looking for.

Regards
AJ

S
If you are searching for Standalone HMI, you should look at Maple Systems Silver Plus Series. It supports Modbus Slave & Master.

If you are searching for a Scada Software, take a look at GE-Fanuc Cimplicity & Control Microsystems ClearScada. They support Modbus master & Slave.

If none of the above software is good for you, use the Modbus OPC Server from KepwareEX and plug it to your HMI/Scada via OPC

Have fun

ScadaMaster

The Schneider Magelis HMI family supports Modbus Slave as either a Modbus RTU slave (serial Modbus RTU) or as a Modbus TCPIP slave (Ethernet). In either configuration, a HOST can write data to the HMI or read data from the HMI. The HMI can simultaneously be a master or peer device on another network using another port on the HMI. The Magelis HMI family is configured using Vijeo Designer Software.