Looking for inexpensive controller

T

Todd

I'm looking for an inexpensive and small controller with 1 analog output and 1 digital output that interfaces serially to a PC. I will communicate to it via rs-232 and the GUI and mscomm control will be done in VB.

The only thing I've seen are controllers w/ large numbers of analog and digital I/O. Also, they usually come with their own software and won't release the commands that allow customers to write their own software.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

R

Rick Jafrate

1. Do a goggle search on microplc.
2. Make your own using a PIC microprocessor.

regards

Rick Jafrate
Mitek

J

James Ingraham

AutomationDirect.com's DL205 PLC will cost you around $500 and do what you want. They have a lower-end DL05, but I don't think it can do analog out, just in. It is programmed in ladder logic.

Z-World (www.zwolrd.com) makes a host of C-programmable, serial communicating controllers. I highly recommend them. Again, about $500 for everything you need.

J
Try contacting a company called Control Microsystems located in Kanata, Ontario. They make small controlers designed for SCADA systems.

B
Check out Adam I/O modules from Advantech. Also Answerman from Micromint. They both are small I/O modules that use serial ASCII data to
communicate.

Bill Sturm