looking for text display

D

Donald Pittendrigh

Good day All

I am looking for a Profibus text display that can display 2 to 4 numbers in large legible letters. Any suppliers?

Thanks
Donald P

J

James Ingraham

Doesn't look like it in the U.S.; you may have better luck in Germany. You'll see what I mean if you go to the product guide on profibus.com and search for "led display".

The problem is that the display you're looking for is very cheap, and a Profibus slave module would double the price. The only thing I can suggest is to use a standard dispaly (e.g. Vorne) that takes BCD, analog, or RS-232/485 inputs. You can use Profibus to get near the display, then use a small I/O block or Profibus/serial gateway.

Not ideal, but it works.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

Hi,

Siemens have in his SIGNUM spectrum a Big display for Profibus DP. See ebook on ID. 10676451 "Numeric Panel Mount LED Display with PROFIBUS Interface".

I have seen also bigger displays but i don't know where i have seen them, it must be some where about the SIGNUM items.

The other displays are on the ASi bus (3SF4...) as search item on the page www4.ad.siemens.de

Best regards,
Lowiek

P

Paul Cunningham

A/B makes good plc's, but i wouldn't recommend any of their other products...Vorne makes the best display for the dollar...don't know if they support profibus...vorne.com