Loss of DATA on HMI

D

DAMENE Amar

Dear all,

Urgent Help. We have this problem on our HMI Mark 6. GT LM2500 (fuel Gas) equipped with Mark 6 Simplex and HMI ( Windows 2000 + Cimplicity 5. + Toolbox)

Yesterday (23/12/2014) The GT LM2500 is not running.Morning On the HMI, the DATA are normal. But after moments all data are out and we have this alarm:

com. error or dynamic disable device _ HMI: T1

We tried these actions 2 times without result:

- We reboot the Mark 6 and the VPRO
- We rebbot the HMI

Another alarm appeared:
MNMSRVC.EXE Has generated error and will be closed by windows, you will need to restart the program.

HOPE to find a solution. actually the HMI doesn't show the DATA. I am far this site and I have to prepare before to go.

See you

DAMENE,

It's very difficult, but, if you will try to "split" the HMI from the Mark VI you will probably have more luck with troubleshooting this problem. Because, for my part, it doesn't seem like the problem is the Mark VI--but the HMI. Or, rather, CIMPLICITY or TCI.

I'll wager if you try to connect to the Mark VI using Toolbox that it will work just fine--you will see data for signals in Toolbox. And, if not, then I think the problem is either the Ethernet card in the HMI, or the switch(es) between the HMI and the Mark VI.

Remember, the UDH connects to the UCVx, card, as I recall--not to the VPRO. The UCVx cards communicated through the VCMI to all the VME cards in the <R> rack and via the IONET to the VPROs in <P>. Yes, all three VPROs have to be healthy and communicating to get a 'Ready to START' permissive, but if one isn't communicating with the VCMI or even the UCVx card--that shouldn't prevent the HMI from getting data via the UDH.

Have you tried using ALMDUMP1 or ALMDUMP2 from a command line to see if the HMI can receive alarms? Are alarms being displayed in the Alarm Window? If not, then, again, I would suspect the UDH components (Ethernet card(s) in the HMI; switches; cabling; etc.).

But, try to remember: A GE HMI can be configured to communicate with a Mark IV, a Mark V, a Mark VI--and an HMI is NOT necessary to start or run a turbine (it helps and makes sending commands and monitoring turbine operation and alarms easier--but it's not absolutely necessary). It's just an operator interface, albeit one that is capable of configuring the panel using Toolbox--but an HMI doesn't technically have to have Toolbox installed on it to send commands to and monitor the operation of a Speedtronic turbine control panel. The Speedtronic does all the control and protection--not the HMI.

So, try to ensure the UDH is working, meaning all of the components of the UDH (the Ethernet card(s) in the HMI; the switches; the cabling; and the UCVx card in <R>). And then make sure TCI is working properly and that CIMPLICITY is working properly.

Please write back to let us know how you fare!

And, as MIKEVI has said, you should make sure all the relevant TILs have been implemented. This could also be a very big part of the problem.

I took a look at the problem yesterday, and can only wonder what Netmeeting is doing on your Cimplicity server (the MNMSRVC.EXE fault).

Pinging both devices is the logical starting point. Can you ping them?

Dear all

I comeback to all readers to inform you that we resolved the problem. We changed the VCMI H2B by a new one VCMI H2C and UCVE BY a new one.

Now the Mark 6 is running good.

Thanks for your help.