Lost comments for PLC5

H

henry

Some guy worked on PLC5. After he finished, we lost all comments for PLC5 programme. And the version on hard drive cannot go to on line, the message is the tcp-ip driver not running. We only can upload from PLC5, but it is ugly without comments. Does anybody has good idea how I can get back all comments back to programme?

You can either export the database out of the program and import them into your current file, or you can go through the system comms menu selection and select the processor that way with the commented file and then upload so you have a current image file.

David

J

Jeremy Pollard

check the archives Henry - problem has been documented.
Basically someone has uploaded the program under a different name in the same directory or in the DEFAULT directory. You may have to delete all files, upload the program, export the doc from the file you have, then save b4 you will be able to get back to where you started.

Good luck mate.

Cheers from: Jeremy Pollard, CET The Crazy Canuckian!
Integration and Automation Training, Consulting, and Software
http://www.tsuonline.com

B

Bradley Hite

Hello Henry,

This should be easy to fix. However, I have to assume a couple of things first.
Assumption 1 -- You are using RSLogix-5
Assumption 2 -- Your standard method of communicating with this processor is not TCP-IP

If either of these assumptions are incorrect then the following procedure will not work as printed here. If you are using the A.I. Software or the 6200 software the communication options will need to be changed.

When you open the project file in RSLogix-5 the driver entry below the control panel lists the TCP-IP driver. The TCP-IP driver was the last driver used with this project file to successfully connect to the processor. You need to change that. In RSLogix-5 select the "Comms" Menu and then choose "Who Active Go-Online". This will bring up a screen from RSLinx with all of the drivers configured in RSLinx. You can now choose which driver you want to use and select the PLC from the "Who Active" screen of that driver and go online.

When you go on-line you will probably need to "Upload Logic/Merge Documentation". This will upload the changes from the controller into your current project file with all of the documentation. Once the upload is complete remember to Save the project file.

I strongly recommend checking out the PLC-5 classes that my company offers. http://www.myplc.com .

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Bradley G. Hite
Intertech Inc
mailto:[email protected]
Teaching Practical Skills for a Technological World