Low cost prox sensor

R

Rick Hudson

All, I would like information on a small, low-cost (in quantities of 100) prox sensor capable of counting gear teeth. Thanks, Rick Hudson

Rick, The important factor is the size of the gear teeth and the spacing of the gear teeth. I would personally recommend Turck, 1800-544-PROX or www.turck-usa.com. I would personally recommend you contact their Manufacturer Representative in your area. Got the above website, click on "Support" at the top, and then click on the appropriate field on the left hand side of the page. Carter Massey

G

Giovanni Rossi

The reply of Mr. Carter Massey is correct, I think. Generally the distance between two teeth should be 3 mm, minimum. It's important also the thickness of the gear. "Rechner sensors" of Lampertheim (Germany) has in its offer some sensors PNP output, suitable to detect the teeth and the rotation way. "Nemicon" Osaka, Japan, has in its offer an NPN sensor PA1010S that only detects the teeth but the rotation way. It should be cheap I'm sorry, I don't know the addresses and/or e-addresses. Bye, Giovanni Rossi.

B

Brian Bookamer

> I would like information on a small, low-cost (in quantities of 100) prox sensor capable of counting gear teeth. > You may want to check out www.asi-ez.com . They have some low cost 4mm and other prox's that should work for your application. Brian

D

Dennis Fairfield

Automationdirect.com (ADC) carries inductive proximity sensors from 5mm to 30mm. The cost begins at $15 for a standard 12mm proximity sensor. Since ADC does not do quantity discounts, you buy 1 piece or 100 pieces at the same price. Phone 1-800-633-0405 or visit www.automationdirect.com. Dennis Fairfield Automationdirect.com