low vol. dispensing valve

M

mike piccolo

I would like to dispense .3-.5 ml/stroke from a 500ml. canister in the inverted position. There is no vent into the canister so air must be returned by the valve.

I've been using a finger pump like the ones found in hairspray but they leak when inverted. To add a little more difficulty; these valves will be placed into a dispoable product so they have to be inexpensive. What would be the name of this valve? Also, if necessary could a valve like be made?

C

Curt Wuollet

Check with any medical or lab supply house for pipetting dispensers. They should have something close and disposable. Or at least it should give you some ideas. A dual paristaltic pump might work, one tube for liquid one for make up air and the tubing could be disposed of with the container.

Regards

cww
--
Free Tools!
Machine Automation Tools (LinuxPLC) Free, Truly Open & Publicly Owned Industrial Automation Software For Linux. mat.sourceforge.net.
Day Job: Heartland Engineering, Automation & ATE for Automotive Rebuilders.
Consultancy: Wide Open Technologies: Moving Business & Automation to Linux.

Try an optics valve as you would find on a spirit bottle in a Public House.

This gives an accurate measure and returns air to the bottle. I am being sincere but somehow I think that you may be pulling our legs.