M-Bus to PC using VB

O

Offer Dahan

Hi all
I have a siemens network of energy meters connected by M-Bus network, I would like to get Information from that network using PC, I know there is a convertor for DH485 or even RS232, for that system, but yet I need a protocol that can address those devices over the M-Bus...
Anyone understand what I mean??
Anyone can help??
Thanks
Offer Dahan

J

Jocko Harmet

Dahan

I am not familiar with Siemens products, but I am sure that they sell a communication package that would allow you to communicate via a variety of media - ethernet, serial, etc. What you would be looking for is the communication package that would allow you to set up OPC or DDE connections to your software on your PC.

If your network is currently addressable, this should work - as the individual addressing would be handled by the communication software.

Jocko Harmet
TAMTECH, Inc.
Systems Integrator
Phoenix, AZ
[email protected]

J

Jocko Harmet

Dahan

I am not familiar with Siemens products, but I am sure that they sell a communication package that would allow you to communicate via a variety of
media - ethernet, serial, etc. What you would be looking for is the communication package that would allow you to set up OPC or DDE connections to your software on your PC.

If your network is currently addressable, this should work - as the individual addressing would be handled by the communication software.

Jocko Harmet
TAMTECH, Inc.
Systems Integrator
Phoenix, AZ
[email protected]