Magnetic Flowmeter

H

Hass

is it possible to replace 24" CONVERTER for Fischer and Porter Magnetic flow-meter 10D1465SD24 with another converter or transmitter used for 4" 10DX3111EDD Magnetic flow meter by just change the flow factor and MAX range OR its should be factory configured?

as long as you can justify a test why not try it, but certainly not recommended, since the maintenance tech will no idea how to service the unit as a system later and which supplier to call.

Just remember in some plants they'll given the meter a local name, usually the engineer that came up with the plan, gee that's hard to live down,,,

Most primaries can be connected to most converters- even of other manufacture. You should be able to enter the meter factor and go with it--but you might want to have a factory tech do it in the field. Fisher & Porter is now part of ABB.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

M

Mark Gunning

F & P magflos were bought out by ABB at least ten yrs ago.
Since then, I have installed approx 70 of the ABB versions, not sure if exact same type as your F&P.

however, regardless of the flow sensor DN, I used the same converter.
there is an EEPROM in either the sensor or converter, (my memory is failin...) which provided the calibration parameters and all relevant sensor parameters (DN). The EEPROM is supplied with the Flow sensor. ensure the EEPROM from your new sensor is used.

Same could be said for the 350 Siemens Magflos' I'm installing now, same converter regardless of flow sensor DN. just ensure the EEPROM stays with the flow sensor it was factory calibrated to. Set your QMAX, damping etc and you're away.

DO NOT MIX UP THE EEPROMS! if you swap the EEPROMs', flow meter will still work fine but be way out of whack! I had 4 MAGFLOS working for 6 months before we realised the EEPROMS were swapped :(

Hope this helps.

according to the operation manual its can be replaced with another converter if it is taken from the same pipeline size DN so or having same span factory configured looking for your comments

M

Mark Gunning

I was expecting an eeprom to automatically change DN etc, so that any size sensor can be used with your converter. whats the model # of your converter?