Manpower

H

Hunter

Gentlemen I am in the process of evaluating the Control System and Instrumentation manpower requirements for a new facility, this facility consist of an Olefins Plant, as well as an ethylene glycol unit. And includes all the other required utilities to support the two plants. The approximate number of loops in this facility is 28000. And will have 4 separate DCS systems – all from the same supplier.

I am trying to develop a table which calculates the manpower requirements based on the number of instrumentation, type of instrument, the service this instrument is on and the criticality of the instrument – contacted to the ESD system or to the environmental monitoring system. I was wondering has any one carried out a similar exercise and if so what was the bases, and is there a standard form ISA or any other organization describing manpower needs in the process industry based on the number of instrumentation and the service there on.

H

Hans H. Eder

Can you please be more specific: What manpower are you referring to - instrument / analyzer technicians and/or engineers (hardware orientation), control engineers (controller configuration / tuning / optimization), Advanced Control folks?

Hans H. Eder
ACT
[email protected]
www.act-control.com