Mark V constant adjust

C

Chawki

In the control constant screen page there is a + sign in the beginning line for each control constant which is adjustable.

in our control constant, there is a ? sign in the beginning of the line and could not adjust the constant.

please how can I make it adjustable

Hi,

Where have you been seeing the control constant?

Have you logged on maintenance /admin user?

It's very simple,go to control constant, enter new valve if unit not running go to step change if running go to ramp change. If you want permanent change do EEPROM download.

Take care
G.Rajesh

> in our control constant, there is a ? sign in the beginning of the line and
> could not adjust the constant.

Hi Chawki,

Did the problem appear after the new constant has been added to code?
Does the problem appear for all constants or just for the one?
Do you have privilege (setup in Cimplicity) to change the constants?

The other option is that you obtain such result (?) if not all steps were executed correctly after new constant was added.
Did you execute 'constset' command after new constant was added?
Has been HMI rebooted and the modified software downloaded (USER) to MKV and MKV rebooted?

On HMI system (not on <I>) issue in DOS the command: constchk T1 (replace T1 with the unit name on your site). The program reports constants for which different values were found in any of four locations where they are saved on the system: i.e. in files on HMI: const_q.src, const_q.ap1 and in EEPROM and RAM on MKV.

In this case it is not important the difference in constant's value (for the constant in question) but this is the verification that control system can confirm that the constant in question is properly defined in MKV.

Thanks

I am sorry for my English but the problem is not like that. The unit is running and I want to change on line the constant value for K26FGL from 5 C to 1 C.

My problem is, when I opened the CONTROL CONSTANTS DISPLAY from G:/ or in the desktop I have the screen as below<pre>
Pointname Value UnitS
+ K63FGL 261.1 psi
+ K26FGH 60.0 deg C
?+ K26FGL 5.0 deg C
+ K26FGLL -1.0 deg C</pre>
When I click on the ?+ of K26FGL in order to replace 5 by 1, the control constant window appear, I Click in the ENTER TARGET, I wrote 1 than I click in START RAMP and finally I click on DONE but no any change.

Hi,

- Is this Simplex or TMR MKV?

- Do you have any diagnostic alarms?

- Are all processors on A7?

- Do you see any error messages on the LCD displays on MKV processors?

- After you open Constants Adj Display, presented actual value for the constant K26FGL in all processors is the same?

- After 'Start Ramp' PBS is pressed letters should change from black to yellow confirming that ramp started, do you see this?

- Is the question mark displayed only for this one constant? Pls review all constants.

- Try to go up by fraction of degree with K26FGL constant (check that process will accept this change) and try to go down.

- Can you change the value of any other constant? Select a 'safe' constant and change by fraction - K26FGH that you gave in the reply seems to be high gas temperature limit. Go from 60.0 to 60.2 and come back (check that process will accept this change).

- Were done any software modifications recently on the MKV code?
- Did you check result of 'constchk T1' command?

Regards

1. Mark V is TMR

2. No diagnostic alarm

3. Yes all processors are on A7

4. There is not any error message on the LCD display on MKV processor

5. Are not the same, K26FGL in R = 1, in S = 5 and in T = 5

6. Yes only for this one constant, all other constant, We can change the value

7. Even by fraction of degree, the problem still the same

8. For other constants, Yes I can change the value and I did it for K26FGH

9. No any software modification has been done

10. Yes I did the constchk and I found one difference, which is K26FGL and then I delete all constant from command promt using: Del constset.dat and then I recreate all of them (constants) by: constset /unit: T1 but the only K26FGL remain with ? sign.

Thank you very much

> 5. Are not the same, K26FGL in R = 1, in S = 5 and in T = 5

Hi,

In order to eliminate the question mark and get possibility to change the constant you have to make that the value for constant K26FGL is equal in all three processors.

The easiest way to obtain this you can reboot processor R. In this way constants from EEPROM on R processor will be transferred to RAM.
I assume that in EEPROM on processors R,S,T the value for K26FGL is the same i.e. 5 degC obtained when the last time files were downloaded to MKV.

Before rebooting <R> double check that there are not present diagnostic alarms: pay special attention to voting mismatch. To be more precise: some diagnostic alarms may be pesent but it should be analyzed how they could affect MKV voting 2 of 3 in case of missing data from R processor.

Principle of the design of MKV TMR gives the possibility to reboot one processor and turbine should remin in service - only bunch of alarms are provoked during rebooting. Anyhow it can not be excluded a bug in the software that will make a turbine trip. GE advises to make a test for MKV TMR, that with turbine running on safe load conditions, reboot processors one by one in order to prove that turbine will remain in service. Was done such test on your site? Did you ever reboot processors with turbine in service?

In the case that by rebooting R processor the constant K26FGL does not take the value 5degC I would suggest to download to processor R constants file (EEPROM download: const) again assuming that value for K26FGL is equal to 5degC recorded in this file. Then rebot again processor <R>.

Regards

The problem has been solved as below.

In the control constant adjust screen, instead of replacing the value by 1 C, I replaced it by 5 C and it was accepted. After that I have replaced the constant by 1 C and accepted.
Thank you very much for your help

Best regards

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Very clever solution.

Remains open the question how the problem started.
Commands from HMI are transferred to <S> and <T> through <R> processor on daisy chain - DENET. Probably, when the first time you tried to change the constant from 5 to 1 only <R> processor responded. This may indicate that communication between R and S/T was temporarily interrupted.

It would be advisable to inspect connections on DENET (VARC cables between TCQC cards in pos 4) at next opportunity.

Regards