Mark V Frame 9-How to find out redundant vibration sensors

B

bil007

I have a simple question: how to find redundant seismic vibration sensors from CSP? There are seven sensors used in Frame 9 Gas Turbine- BB1, BB2,.BB4, BB5.BB7.BB8 in Turbines bearings.

Turbine Bearing #1 BB1 and 2
Turbine Bearing #2 BB4 and 5
Turbine Bearing #3 BB7 and 8

What is utilization mask and redundant mask?

JK39R_1 DB00 HEX
JK39U_1 DB01 HEX

1-What does this means?
2-Algorithm : L39VV5

Would be appreciated all your helps

Ahem, well, you said there were seven sensors, but you only listed six (6).

Generally, there are two seismic (velocity) pick-ups on the Turbine #1 bearing, BB1 & BB2; one seismic (velocity) pick-up on the #2 Bearing drain piping, BB3, (it's too hot to put one in the Turbine #2 bearing area, which is essentially inside the machine!); and two seismic (velocity) pick-ups on the Turbine #3 bearing, BB4 & BB5.

Additionally, most Frame 9E generators have two seismic (velocity) pick-ups on the turbine end bearing (usually called the "#4 bearing") and one on the collector-end (non-turbine end) bearing (usually called the "#5 bearing"). Sometimes the generator pick-ups are identified as BB7 & BB8 on the #4 bearing, and BB9 on the #5 bearing. Other times they are identified as BB10 & BB11 on the #4 bearing and BB12 on the #5 bearing. Just depended on the whim of the requisition engineer on that day (which it shouldn't have).

That is a total of eight seismic (velocity) pick-ups on the unit (turbine and generator).

You should have drawings that depict the location of the seismic (velocity) pick-ups. One would be the Control Devices Piping Schematic (P&ID), another would be the Generator Package Wiring Drawing, and another would be the Device Summary.

The Control Specification drawing provided with the Speedtronic turbine control panel will have a very good description of how to calculate redundancy- and use mask Control Constant values for a particular machine. If the sketchy information you provided is correct, then the machine at your site is unusual in that it doesn't seem to have any seismic (velocity) pick-ups on the generator bearing, and so you should definitely refer to the Control Specification for your Speedtronic turbine control panel.

Should you find you provided incorrect information and require more assistance, please clarify and we can try to help further.

There are 6 sensors used in Frame 9 Gas Turbine- BB1, BB2,.BB4, BB5.BB7.BB8 in Turbines bearings.

Turbine Bearing #1 BB1 and 2
Turbine Bearing #2 BB4 and 5
Turbine Bearing #3 BB7 and 8

JK39R_1 DB00 HEX
JK39R_2 0000 HEX
JK39R_3 0000 HEX
JK39R_4 0000 HEX

JK39U_1 DB01 HEX
JK39U_2 0000 HEX
JK39U_3 0000 HEX
JK39U_4 0000 HEX

What is utilization mask and redundant mask?in algorithm : L39VV5

Would be appreciated all your helps

If you have access to the Control Specification for your unit, I believe Sect. 09 has all the information you're looking for. I don't presently have access to a Mark V Control Spec. or I could provide more assistance.

In my experience, the configuration you describe is unusual. If you're having a particular problem please describe it and we may able to help.

One of the sets of Control Constants you describe is a Utilization value, indicating a sensor is present. The other is a Redundancy value, indicating the sensor is redundant. Then there.s the "group" mask, which, if I recall correctly describes which pairs in a group (Gas Turbine, Load Gear, Generator, Steam Turbine are the four possible groups) are redundant.

That's about the best I can do without looking at a Control Spec and/or knowing what kind of problem might exist.